Saturday, December 22, 2007

I have a confession!

Harley got upset that Andy's picture was on the blog and his wasn't! Here's Harley's "Make the world go away" nap!


Those of you who know me well know I'm addicted to Dancing with the Stars! It's one of the few shows I've watched over the past few years that is sacrosanct. I don't answer the phone! It used to be that way with ND football...well you know what happened this year! I still search for Helio and Julianne gossip almost daily! I'm crushed that Julianne Hough http://www.juliannehough.net/ is in Nashville and I'm in Destin! I've always loved racing...just not Nascar racing. Now in addition to Danica Patrick, I've got Helio Castroneves http://www.indycar.com/drivers/driver.php?driver_id=58 ! I used to pull for Dario Franchitti because I love Ashley Judd, who's also a neighbor in Tennessee, but he's moved to Nascar! So now I've got my IRL favorites and Tony Stewart, Jimmy Sauter (who I hope wins something this year!) and of course, Dario...now you know one of my deep secrets. I'm a dancing, racing junkie! I even bought a web site, http://www.racerlady.com/ just not sure what I want to do with it yet! Yeah!!!

We went to see National Treasure yesterday for a 3:45 p show...it was packed. I think it's a hit. It's not quite as good as the first one, but it's still a great popcorn and chocolate escapist fantasy! I love movies with action and suspense. We still want to see about 10 others that are out or coming out...it's a shame it costs so much but now that we are both "senior" and go to matinees it's reasonable unless the movies bad! Wouldn't it be nice if there was a money back guarantee? We usually just look at what the critics hate and know we'll love it.

We're still walking a lot, eating too much, and having a great time. It's overcast and a bit cool today so we'll probably stay close to home. As you know "home is where we park it"! We love getting the Christmas cards many of you are sending. Libby and Led sent us a WalMart giftcard and a Shell giftcard for Christmas! WalMart is my new Chicos and, of course, what RVer doesn't need gas! I have a little work to do over the next week or so before Estelle and David come...we have a whole list of new restaurants for them to try!

I'm still having a bit of trauma with work---no-work. Had two consulting jobs offered this week that would have been quite profitable I'm sure, but I gave them away! I just don't want to fly unless it's out of the country! It would have been great fun, but I'm still a bit tired and not ready to really do much more than edit, and an occasional consulting gig for The Oncology Group and Dawn! I guess that's what retirement is all about!

Hope you all have a Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Happy New Year! I miss you all and will see you in March! Big hugs!
Woody and Pat

No comments: