Sunday, October 7, 2007

Off to work I go!

Just had another Haiku published online!


Global warming
rain provides hope
drought is over



This one is on a Japanese web site! http://home.alc.co.jp/db/owa/ph_top?ctg_in=1 By the way, I'm Tranquility Found!


Off to see Mary at Emory in Atlanta today! I'm doing a presentation for the nursing leadership on Transformational Leadership. It's based on my chapter in her book, Nursing Management Principles and Practice, which by the way...you can order at http://www.ons.org/ ! And, the most exciting thing! I have a brief article coming out in the November/December issue of Healthcare Executive, the journal of the American College of Healthcare Executives, on Transformational Leadership http://www.ache.org/ ! It's interesting that 25 years ago, I implemented a shared governance model at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital and today, it's just as vital! Involving people, in this case staff, in the decision making process sounds so simple. If we can just convince managers that they don't have all the answers!

We're trying to decide if we want to sell the house (or at least try to sell the house) and move back into a condo! With Janet heading back south, we just hate to leave the house vacant six or seven months out of the year...we're traveling a bunch! We leave for Florida the first of December...we're snowbirds! That sounds so old!! Decisions..decisions..decisions. Feel free to weigh in on what you think we should do! We're so confused!

My poor Cubbies were swept! I had so hoped that Led could see the Cubs in the World Series in his lifetime! He's young...maybe there's hope! I love to aggravate him, but for those of you who know me...I'm not a big fan of baseball, but I love going to Cubs games! It's an event!

This week has been busy with tons of medical editing from Japan and Taiwan, but did take time out to put lots of Ellen Tracy stuff on eBay! We just love selling on eBay. We get to shop, antique, and junk, buy, and then sell...no clutter at home but still have the fun of the chase! Plus...it's always at least a meal or three out in profit! I feel like my dad, Bill Hudson! He always had a scheme to make a buck! Between editing and eBay, I'll never go hungry again! As if.....

Hope all of you have a great week!











No comments: