Thursday, November 12, 2009

Taylor Swift, Woody's BD and Other Goodies!

So delighted that Taylor Swift won the Entertainer of the Year in Country Music! She has certainly "entertained" this year and deserves the recognition. Highest ratings in years for Saturday Night Live and the CMA's and yet the "boo birds" come out just because she's young. Trust me, she's smarter than most 40 year olds when it comes to managing her career. I can't believe that Wynonna and Naomi Judd dissed her! Jealousy anyone? Why is it that people who haven't had a hit in years take pot shots at the hottest thing going. In case they haven't noticed, Taylor has brought an entirely new set of fans to country music. If the genre doesn't change with the times, it will be defunct in no time! There are classic country stations still playing the old guard, but the contemporary country stations are eating their lunch! Now a disclaimer! Taylor lives in my hometown so I have to be protective!

Woody's birthday is coming up and we're going to have a little party for him on Saturday. Just a few friends and 5 pounds of shrimp and two pounds of cajun crab dip and 90 other things! Do I know my friends or what? I've made little presents for the girls and can't wait to give them to them. I'm finally having time to do a little artsy stuff!

Getting ready to head out to Florida for the winter. Can't wait to see the ocean, friends, Dewey Destin's, McGuire's, and Buster's! Destin is the most wonderful city and I so love to be there. I'd give anything if the hurricaines would leave Florida alone. If I could get insurance without mortgaging the house, I'd love to live there. Our niece should be back here soon to house sit! Unless she gets a play in New York! She's auditioning like crazy! Then we go to Plan B!

I'm going to try to do better about keeping the blog up to date! and then on to the gallery! Lots of great new pictures to add. Have a great week.

No comments: