Sunday, December 9, 2007

Fun on the Beach!


I just love being a snowbird. We've had a great week. I'm walking, eating lots of seafood at Dewey Destin (http://www.destinseafood.com/) , working a bit, shopping and going to the movies. We saw Hitman yesterday and it was fabulous! Lots of action and blood and gore! We went to Destin Commons to walk around and found ourselves right in the middle of a dog Christmas fashion show. We should have entered Andy! He has his snowflake sweater here and would have looked great! We're going to have to start watching the paper to see all the fun events in Destin. Did a bit of shopping, but didn't buy anything. The sad part of being retired is you don't need anything that you can't get at WalMart! I did talk to some of the salespeople who said they were really hurting this Christmas season. There are so few people around that its almost spooky! I can see how some of the RV contingent might not come due to gas prices, but there's just no one here. The high rises on the beach with thousands of condos have one or two windows lighted! Where are the people?


I did miss a reception in Nashville to benefit Hillary's campaign and I was a host! I'm so hopeful that she will be able to fix health care, get us out of Iraq, and approach our country's budget in a more realistic manner. I always think about the joke if the Wise Men had been women, they would have cleaned the stable, made a casserole, and brought useful gifts! The good old boy network has just about run this country into the ground. It's time a strong woman took a shot at straightening us out! I just hope people can get past the b___ word! It's amazing that Bill gets impeached for lying about an extramarital affair, and the Bush contingent gets away with just about everything from outing a CIA operative to going to war on suspicious grounds to lying to a grand jury and getting a presidential pardon! Hullloooo....where is the justice? I am concerned that the democrats will kill each other and weaken our chances at beating the republicans!


I just got a wonderful gift for Christmas from MedCom, my company I edit for in Taiwan. They sent the best selection of tea! Woody and I are so excited to try it. The Jasmine tea is probably going to be my favorite.


Hope you all have a wonderful week!





No comments: