Sunday, September 9, 2007

We're Back!


We're finally back in Nashville to see the damage of global warming! Our yard is burned to a crisp but Janet saved our shrubs and my roses. It may be time for a high rise condo with a balcony and one potted plant! We worked all day yesterday in the yard and only got the front and side done! We shaped and weeded and pruned...and, of course, I managed to hack up another extension cord with the hedge trimmer. Thank heaven for ground fault interrupter outlets! I could be a crispy critter without them! It is raining a tiny bit as we speak...don't know that it will help much!

Last night we went to the new California Pizza Kitchen! http://www.cpk.com/ The only problem is that it's in Green Hills and the traffic is a killer! It's in the new Hill Center which will be cool once its finished. Food was great...service great...and it was fun watching all the Green Hills group! I don't think I've ever been that trendy! Saw a colleague from Memphis that Janet and I hadn't seen in 25 years! That was a hoot!

I'm still an editing fool...have lots working...and can't wait to get a check! I'm not sure I like the lag time on payment as I've already spent the money! But, all things considered, I work from home or the RV, when I want, and in some lovely outfits! Donna, I have on your purple socks as we speak! Between Taiwan and Tokyo, I'm staying a bit more busy than I like, but the manuscripts are fascinating. The last one I did was Diapause in the Silkworms of Japan and China! I sent the author a picture of silkworms on mulberry leaves I took in Shanghai to use in his presentation! I think I have an article accepted to the ACHE journal, Healthcare Executive! Waiting to hear. I edited it down from one that I had written related to Transformational Leadership. Hopefully I'll know in the next few weeks! I'm also writing original content for Salem Press's new Cancer Manual...like the Merck Manual but only on Cancer. So far I've done 16 topics! Still selling photographs and entering contests. I've been selected for a few Anthologies, but no money...just the "honor" of selection....I'd rather have money!

We're going to watch football all day today! Yeah! Has to be better than Notre Dame!!!! We're 0-2! and you know how that bums me out.

No comments: